Tuesday 10 May 2011

Flower French-tip!

For this look I used:

Seaspray from China Glaze
Millenium from China Glaze
Base coat and top coat
Black two-way nail brush and pen

Seaspray was such a pleasure to paint with. I must admit the brush took a little bit of getting used to. It's pretty narrow, but once you get used to the amount of polish you're supposed to have on the brush it works like a charm. It does tend to dry on the brush though, so I suggest doing it in a room without any drafts. Meaning no fans and preferably no aircon. Both Seaspray and Millenium were so pigmented! I'm very impressed. Seaspray is a wonderful blue-gray, and under artificial light you can just about see shimmers in the polish. It sorta comes and goes. But I love it. My nails are so pretty they distract me from my revision. Ha!

For a regular french tip, put the tip on one end of the finger, and just rotate your finger and let the brush paint the tip of your nail. It's hard to explain, but I'll put the video where i learnt it from some day. To get a more natural look, you can follow the actual whites of your nails. Try to estimate it. Also, if you mess up, no worries. Sure I messed up too but no one can really tell from far. By the way, Millenium is SO pigmented. That is just one coat!

For the dotted look I must admit it was pretty hard for me. I wasn't well, and my hands tend to shiver especially when I'm trying to do something very delicate. For the bigger dots I used the pen tip, and smaller dots I used a toothpick. Alternatively you could use a dotting tool and a toothpick with a black polish (I don't have black polish!) Basically, you put three dots down the middle of your nail, two at the sides, and two tiny dots in between each large dot.

For the flower look, it's much easier. I did this because I completely messed up the dots when I tried doing it with my left hand. After putting the french-tip, just put five dots close together (but not so close that they touch each other) and then using a toothpick, drag the polish from the middle of the dot toward the centre of the flower. After that, I put some clear polish in the middle of the flower and placed a rhinestone there using a matchstick. The flower is so pretty!

This is one of my more elegant designs. I wanted to do a full nail konad, but it takes time and patience. Both of which I don't have at the moment, so I just did this. It makes me happy when I see it. Heehee! Feel free to change the colour around, the only reason I used Seaspray and Millenium was because I couldn't wait to try those colours haha.

Maybe I'll do a gradient nail art next time? We'll see ;)

2 comments: