Sunday 5 June 2011

Panda Nail Art!: The Face Shop PP401 with Konad M56, S10 and M10


Hi all! Today is probably one of the most time consuming but rewarding nail art for me. I was inspired by this nail art that my cousin did.
Also I found an awesome website here, giving lots of tips about how to do a good Konad tutorial. She recommended changing from a metal scraper to a plastic scraper or an old credit card. I used an old ATM card, and it worked like a dream. Seriously, it was the best Konad I've done so far. Awesomeness.

Here're the things I've used for this nail art:
Top and Base Coat
The Face Shop PP401
Black Special Polish
Konad Top Coat
China Glaze Jolly Holly (for the leafy bottom)
Konad plates M56, M10 and S10
Remember the Easter nail art I did? Here's the long promised swatch of this awesome super light, frosty pink. I used it as the base for the Panda nail art.
After that I Konad-ed on the pandas using Konad plates M10 and S10. See that panda in a one piece suit with a hoodie (on my index finger)? So cute. Then I drew on the pandas on my thumb and ring finger using the Two-way Nail Brush and Pen. Tip here, don't squeeze out a large blob. It'll take forever to dry. Also it'll start to spread when it dries. ><
Then after waiting for the pandas to dry, I Konad-ed on the leafy french tip (looks like bamboo! or a forest..) using China Glaze's Jolly Holly. Top it off with the Konad top coat and you're done!

The Konad top coat is to prevent smudging of the Konad prints. Using this top coat there is no problem with smudging whatsoever. Great stuff!

So there you go, I know it looks slightly messy up close and there's that scratch on my index finger...but from far it looks so adorable! Till next time, byeee~

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I got it from the Konad shop in AMK hub, there's another one in Woodlands Causeway very big. Alternatively you can buy a whole bunch from http://www.bornprettystore.com/ they sell about 20 for just a few dollars! :)

    ReplyDelete