Tuesday 14 June 2011

Strawberry nails!


Hi everyone! Recently I went shopping and I came across a few Fimo sticks and I bought one that looked like a strawberry cut in half. Ever since then I have been dying to use it and finally I did!

I must say the accent nail was quite a disappointment. Cutting the Fimo pieces took abit of practice, and somehow, it doesn't look as satisfying. Doesn't matter though I'm sure I can think of other nail designs for this Fimo shape.

Here are the things I used for this design:
Base and top coat
The Face Shop RD 301
Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Mint Sprig
Two-way Nail Art Pen and Brush in white and green
that Fimo cane stick
Nail glue
For the non-accented nails, I painted half of the nail red, and then drew in the leaves using the nail art pen. After that, I used the nail art pen to dot in the seeds. I've tried dotting in more than 3 seeds, but they just looked odd. 3 seeds seemed to look the best.

For the accented nails, I used Sallen Hansen's Insta Dri in Mint Sprig to create a french tip, then I stuck on the Fimo at the side. I tried drawing in leaves, but my leaves were too small. So I just covered the too-small leaves with the Fimo pieces.

Everything looks great, I mean the strawberries are adorable (maybe one day I should give the strawberries cute faces). But! My accent nails are a disappointment. Gotta think of something with more oomph!

I was gonna remove the nail polish immediately after taking pictures, but it has grown on me. Maybe I'll keep it for a while. Till next time! Byeee~~

4 comments:

  1. wow how u do that o?? very nice, i like o

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would also like to know how you do that? tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there's a tutorial here http://lustfornails.blogspot.com/2011/07/strawberry-nails-variation-ii.html

      :) Only difference is that the accent nails are gradient instead of french tips.

      Delete