Saturday 16 July 2011

The Face Shop BL602 with OPI Silver Shatter


Hi all! A few days ago I received OPI's silver shatter from one of my friends and I just could not wait to try it out! After digging around in my nail polish drawer I finally decided on pairing it up with a light blue from Face Shop that I haven't used in ages.

Here are the things I used:
Posche Base Coat (It's great!!)
The Face Shop BL602
Seche Vite
Silver Shatter
Face It Top coat (I didn't want to use up my tiny bottle of Seche Vite too quickly)

The new Posche base coat was supposed to help with dry, brittle, weak and peeling nails. Since this is the first time I've used it I'll have to wait and see before I see any obvious result. My nails have been peeling lately so we'll see if this helps!

Face Shop's BL602 was not the best, coming out really streaky in the first coat and needing about 4 coats for it to cover your nail evenly. Usually this would be enough to deter me from using it but with the Silver Shatter I also received a tiny 0.125oz bottle of Seche Vite from my friend. It worked like a dream. Within 10min I could touch my nails no problem and in half an hour I could go about doing my things as usual.

Silver Shatter from OPI was great! A thinner coat will get you smaller and more intricate cracks, but the patches would be slightly translucent. So I used thicker coats of Shatter to get a more opaque coverage.

In hindsight it would probably have been better if I paired it up with a much darker color. Under bright sunlight it was really hard to tell if the blue was even there. That's all I have for you today, till next time, Byeee~~

No comments:

Post a Comment