Wednesday 13 July 2011

Strawberry Nails Variation II

Hi all! Today I have another strawberry nail design for you. If you remember, I wasn't completely satisfied with the nail design I did back then. So I kept everything the same this time except for the accent nails. Also a couple of people requested for tutorials, so here is a picture tutorial.

Here are the things I used in this nail design:
Top coat (I ran out of base coat)
The Face Shop RD301
The Face Shop GR501
Two-way Nail Brush and Pen in white and green

First off I applied a layer of top coat (cos I didn't have base coat). And then I covered half of the non-accented nails with red polish, and started doing the gradient for my accent nails. You can learn how to do this from the tutorial below. Jen from FromHeadToToe is great with pretty much everything and I used this method to create the gradient. It takes time, but it works.



After that, I used the Two-way nail brush and pen to draw in the leaves, on both the accented and non-accented nails, and stuck on my half strawberry fimo piece using a clear top coat. I used nail glue the last time, and it took a really long time for me to get it off. Using nail polish as adhesive worked just fine.

Finally, all you have to do is draw three white dots on the strawberry, wait for it to dry and apply a top coat! It's pretty simple but it does require concentration and patience. Especially while waiting for the gradient nail art to dry!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, till next time, Byee~~

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi! Accent nails are when you do a contrasting pattern on 1 or two nails. Most people do it on their thumb and ring finger :)

      Delete