Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Revival!

Hi everyone! It's been donkey years since I have blogged...I'm a really bad blogger >< But I have not stopped taking pictures of everything nail related however! So never fear! This is a picture heavy post. So be warned! :)

So with answering a question from Mei Mei's Signature's wall, I received a surprise gift! This is what I got. I'm slowly but surely working my way through this, and really conserving it for special occasions. They are essentially nail wipes in packets and they include touch up tips too! I don't use them that often, because I like to let me nails breathe for a day or so after removing nail polishes..

Fast forward a few weeks, and I bought my very own acrylic nail set! It was really pricey...and I spent an hour in that shop wondering if I should get it but eventually I broke and spent more than half of my pay on it.
 Well if you consider how many colors I'm getting, I guess you could say it's a steal...

 Now for my first ever endeavor into the world of acrylic nails! I used it mainly because I was taking part in a nail art competition, and my nails were too short. So before! My little stumps.
 After some nail glue and extensions, I think I'm supposed to cut it before I apply the extensions, but I only needed a small amount and it became too small to hold.
 After cutting and filing, it took soooo looong!
 And finally, applying clear acrylic powder on top. After it dried I had to buff it and file it smooth, because I still didn't have the skill to apply it smoothly.
 After that the extensions are pretty much done! Then all I had to do was apply my nail art :) This was a Halloween themed competition, (which shows tells me how long it has been since I updated this, I feel so bad now) My favourite was the spiderweb!
 A closer view...

Fast forward a week, my acrylic nails gradually fell off/got peeled off by yours truly, and I did a Hello Kitty konad stamp nail art. I loved it! The blue stamping polish was bought online in a set of 5. The brush was kinda wonky, as compared to the original konad brand, but it is alot cheaper, so I can't complain. I can't remember what the base colour was...

Next up, was a nail art design that was swimming in my head for weeks. I badly wanted to use the konad stamping plate with these cow splotches on them, and I came up with this! Black konad polish from the online store was used, and I must say I was slightly disappointed in them, my index finger didn't really come up as solid as I would have liked it to have and that was after multiple tries too...Base color for this one is the white from Etude House, this has a way better texture than Faceshop's. I never really liked the texture of cream polishes...

Fast forward a month, I have no idea what I was doing with my nails then but for Christmas, I did not have alot of time to do my nails so I used fimo canes instead! Using China Glaze's Jolly Holly and fimo canes, I loved the Toyland effect with the teddy bears and swiss roll pieces. Cute! 

So ends my very lengthy post, I have more pictures but I don't really want to make it a long post (Ha!) I hope I can get my butt round to putting up more pics!

By the way, I am now retailing Megan Miller nail polish in Singapore. These polishes are packages in extremely adorable bottles and I can't wait to get my hands on them next month! Pop over to the my shop to say hi, then maybe buy something to have a nail of a time! (see what I did there?) Till next time, Byee~

No comments:

Post a Comment