Tuesday 3 July 2012

Harry Potter Nails!

Hi everyone! What with the Harry Potter exhibition being in Singapore and all, I decided to do some Harry Potter inspired nails :) I had a Slytherin one, while my friend did Gryffindor's. I also managed to do a pictorial! This is easier than it looks, really and all you need is a steady hand and a calm mind. Heh. Here goes!

1) Using any color of your choice, carefully paint half of your nail lengthwise.

2) Using another color (I used a golden green instead of a silver because I felt it complemented the forest green better) fill in the other half of the nail.

3) Then using the other color (golden green) paint the top half of the forest green.

4) Using forest green, go over the top half of golden green, giving you the pattern you see on my middle, ring and little finger.

5) Optional: Paint a top coat and carefully apply a rhinestone (I used light green) in the middle of the nail. This allows you to cover up any imperfections. For example, if the centre of the nail is not perfectly right-angled.

6) Optional: If you like, you can place a few 3D steel balls along the lines where the colors meet. I felt it made the design too messy so I stopped after doing 3 nails.

This is what I was left with! Tada! Products I used for Slytherin nails were Jolly Holly and Peace on Earth from China Glaze. Click here for the swatch and review of Peace on Earth and here for other nail art I have done with it. Click here for a swatch of Jolly Holly and here for a nail design where I used Jolly Holly as a konad polish.

Products used for my friend's Gryffindor nails is BK nail polish in color 06 (gold) and Faceshop's RD301 (red). Click here for a swatch on BK nail polish and here for a swatch and konad nail art of Faceshop's RD301. I have also used Faceshop's RD301 in strawberry nail designs which can be found here and here.

For both nail designs I have used round rhinestones which can be found in my shop on Facebook. You can click here to see my first attempts with rhinestones, here to see how I paired up rhinestones with konading, and here to see how I used rhinestones to create a classy nail look.

3D steel balls were used on 3 of my nails, you can click here to see how I used them to create sea themed nails. 3D steel balls can also be found in my shop on Facebook.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I really hope you enjoyed this pictorial, There is yet another one coming up in the next post! So as always, if you haven't already give my Facebook shop a like so you can keep up to date with the latest blog posts and deals. And till next time, Byee~

No comments:

Post a Comment