Monday 2 July 2012

Fishtail Braid Nails!

 Hi all! This time I got adventurous and did some free hand nail art :) Also I wanted to try out my new All That Glitters polish, Hole Hearted. It's a chunky black glitter polish in a clear base with white hearts :) You can see it layered over China Glaze's Millennium on my ring finger in the photo.

To match Hole Hearted, I went for a silver, black and white theme. the wonderfully reflective silver was China Glaze's Millennium. Click here, here and here to see how I used this polish as a base in nail art.  Click here to see how I've used Millennium as a konading polish and here to see how I've used it as a french tip :)

The white for the braid was from Etude House. I have used this in a Hello Kitty nail art previously, and also as a base for a splotchy cow nail art.

The black was a random brand that I bought online and have yet to do a review on it heh.
The fishtail braid is surprisingly easy to do and the only thing I dislike about it is that Millennium is so reflective that under the sun I can only see the black standing out against the white. Also, the angle of my braid could have been smaller. I made a right mess of my cuticles while doing this, so there was no pictorial (sorry!) but rest assured! The next couple of posts will have pictorials in them!

Here comes the review on All That Glitters. I bought it because there was a huge hoo-ha about it and I do admit it does look wonderful in swatches, so I had high hopes for it. I was a little disappointed, the glitter was too heavy and it fell from the brush, leaving a whole load of clear polish and not many chunks. It took so much effort for me to get that white heart out too! Maybe I shall try it again soon because I just will not believe that a highly sought after polish like Hole Hearted is sub-par.

So! I have been slightly late but this was an interesting nail art no? Once again! If you have not already go take a look at my Facebook store and give it a like! There you will receive updates on my latest blog news and occasionally pictures of what I'm doing with my nails :) Also, there will be more interesting nail art coming up in the next post! Till next time, Byee~

2 comments:

  1. Would you be interested in doing a review of Jamberry Nails? Please let me know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete